Sunday 27 April 2014

Evaluation 6) What have I learnt about technologies in process of constructing my product?

Throughout the creating process of my products, I have used multiple programs to do the research, design and creation of them. From each of them I have learnt different things which helped me to create my final products.

All the programs that I have used when creating my products were: Blogspot, Fireworks, Flikr, Picmonkey.com, Padlet, Prezi, Dafont.com,

To start with, I used Microsoft PowerPoint to create design plan of what my school magazines front cover would look like. I then transferred that over to Fireworks and created my first mock up of the school front cover. When creating my school magazine front cover I learnt how to use the kerning too
l.
To keep all my development, research and products in one place, I had to use Blogspot. I learnt how to create my blog, and update posts on it, with both images and text. Also, I learnt how to embed files from other programs like Padlet for example. When I used Padlet it allowed me to present my final products, explaining how I challenged, and conformed to the conventions of a magazine. http://padlet.com/edenparke3/l529hbhtrk
 An additional technology I used was Prezi. Prezi allowed me to present my analysis on a media product, discussing the products background, its front cover, contents page and double page spread. http://edenparke.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/prezi-nme-analysis.html
From Padlet and Prezi I learnt how to present my products and research in a new way without using Microsoft PowerPoint.

I used the website Flikr to store all of the pictures I took for my music magazine front cover, contents page and double page spread. Flikr gave me the knowledge that I can keep my images on this website, rather than keeping them on one computer or a memory stick, which is more accessible. http://www.flickr.com/photos/115759525@N07

When digitally editing my photos there was a number of editing technologies I could use, but the one I primarily used was Picmonkey.com. I used Picmonkey to edit my pictures, experimenting with adjusting the contrast making the picture livelier, change the filter, crop it or change the colour making the image look more visually appealing.
Not only could I use Picmonkey.com for editing my pictures, but Fireworks as-well. From Fireworks I learnt that I could use the magic wand tool to individual select things so I could edit them, which was really helpful. I learnt how to re-adjust an image, without damaging the image.

Because there weren’t many visually appealing fonts on Fireworks’ I had to find another source where I could import one in for my product. With this I found a website called Dafont.com. Dafont had a variety of different fonts suitable for my magazine. I used multiple fonts from here to help create my Headline on my front cover and my masthead. With the magic wand tool I learnt how to use when editing my picture, I used that knowledge to help change the colour of both my headline and masthead.



No comments:

Post a Comment