Monday 3 February 2014

CONTENTS PAGE LAYOUT ( MUSIC MAGAZINE )

These are my contents page layout ideas. They have a range of different designs, with one on a double page spread, however they are mostly over one page, because conventionally contents pages are on one page. I will create a contents page similar to the single ones I have designed, but I will experiment with the double paged one.
My designs have the conventional banner at the top of the page with the masthead, issue number and date in, a structured layout for my features, and two or three places for images to go. There are several where the images are the main focus, rather than the writing. -That is taking inspiration from NME's contents page layout.
I have also created an unconventional design where there is one central image as the background, and writing on top of it. I think this would be a good contents page to follow through, although it is a basic design, I would have to use a photo that stood out to make the page effective.
On my double paged contents page, I have decided to incorporate my first design idea ( of one large image and a single column for my features )  with a more cluttered design. This should be the most effective one to create because it has two good designs coming together, and allows you to have your main image as your headline image, with also images of things that are also featured in the article. The double page design takes concepts from NME & MOJO's contents pages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment